Monday, January 2, 2012

My new years resolution

It's day two of the new year and I've been wanting to post, but just unsure of what to write.  I've joined some support groups and online yahoo groups.  It can be so overwhelming to hear about CGM, pumps, bolusing etc.  I don't even know what they mean yet.  People write about their worries/concerns and I don't even know what they are talking about.  It is as if there is an entire world of diabetes to be worried about, but I haven't learned enough to worry about it yet.

I'm still sleeping in Levi's room.  I'm still worried every morning if he will wake up.  I worry about his blood glucose levels all day long.  Now that he has stopped crying when I check his blood sugar, I find myself checking it much more often.  When his daddy goes to check him, Levi now cries for me to do it.  That's just another added stress.  I read a post from another mom that said "reduce stress".  I'm going to take that to heart.

Usually my new years resolution is the exact same thing.  Lose those last 5-10 pounds.  Not this year.  This year my resolution, although copied from someone else, is to reduce stress.  I always want my house neat and everything in order and in all honestly, I can't do it.  My brain can't keep up.  I worry about Levi all day long.  I just don't have the energy to worry about too much else.  When asked to volunteer, I won't say yes unless I can do it without stressing.  No more.  And I can't worry about what others think.  I can't worry about what the other moms on the playground at school are saying about me.  I can only worry about my three children.  They are growing up so fast and I'm going to cherish it.

No more.

No comments:

Post a Comment