Thursday, March 22, 2012

4 Months Today

I'm quite surprised that today is 4 months and instead of wallowing in our new life, I have been so excited all day (with a tinge of sadness I guess).  Last week, Dave and I had quite a few discussions because I was just down.  This disease can be debillitating.  It never ends.  It never stops.  It never takes a break.  It just wears me down.  I can't go through my life always thinking about it.  I have to be able to concentrate on my family and to have fun.

 We had tossed around the idea of getting a Diabetic Alert Dog for Levi.  Nighttimes are the worst.  Our biggest fear is of Levi not waking up in the morning.  Last week he had so many lows that it was upsetting.  If a dog could help save Levi's life - then of course I have to have it.  Dave was very hesitant but knew that if something happened to Levi and there was a chance we could have prevented it - our family would never recover.

A dog isn't cheap.  In fact, it's as expensive as a car.  $20,000 for these dogs.  Initially the dollar amount completely freaked me out but I would do anything for our little guy.

We went active today with Warren Retrievers - http://www.guardianangelservicedogs.org/.  Check them out.  It is amazing what they are doing for families of diabetics.

Is it cheap?  Nope.  Could it save Levi's life?  Absolutely.  I couldn't be more excited.  We have to wait 6-8 months but we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment